Monday, September 30, 2013

Sports Bets for Oct 1, 2013

New Month -- hopefully I'll continue my winning ways. I went 0-2 last night. I thought the Miami Dolphins defense could hold off the New Orleans Saints offense, but can't underestimate the power of the Superdome. On the diamond, David Price had a terrible record against the Rangers, but he definitely rose to the occasion tonight -- complete game win.

Today's play :

(+115) Cincinnati Reds

In the first playoff game, it's Johnny Cueto vs. Francisco Liriano. I feel Liriano has had an inconsistent past few games. If this was a seven game series, I think the Pirates might take this, but if it's one game, I have to bet the better pitcher -- Despite missing a chunk of the season, Cueto is a dominate #1 starter, and when you have a chance to get him at an underdog, you have to take it. In addition, I don't trust the Pirates offense. I believe they'll pitch around McCutchen make someone else beat them.


Two College games

I'll be on two Mountain West games:

Utah st (-6.5) over BYU:  Utah State is for real. They have a dynamic Quarterback, Chuckie Keeton. Keeton has thrown 17 TD, 1 INT. BYU offense is so inconsistent especially at the QB position. Utah State defense is tough but they'll face an outstanding running game averaging 300/yards a game. BYU is a tough defense, but seems to struggle against dual threat QBs like Keeton. Lots of points will be scored, but I think Utah State's home field advantage with the prime time TV game...Game will be huge

San Jose St (-5) over Hawaii.

San Jose St has been terrible, but this is a good spot against a terrible Hawaii team, who won't decide on their QB till Friday. San Jose St has too much firepower to be held down. David Fales is a underrated QB, who's been playing from behind all year. This is their chance to get healthy. San Jose St defense is better than they've showed and should have a good game against a Hawaii offense with no identity.

2 comments:

  1. what no HOCKEY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay free play: Winnipeg/Edmonton under 5.5

    ReplyDelete